10TH INTERNATIONAL TEMPERATURE SYMPOSIUM (ITS 10), ANAHEIM, CA (USA) | APRIL 3-7, 2023
The International Temperature Symposia have taken place approximately every 10 years since 1919. These Symposia provide opportunities for the presentation and publication of work related to the measurement and control of temperature, with topics ranging from fundamental research on temperature scales to practical measurement solutions in a variety of practical fields.
The 10th International Temperature Symposium will be held at the Disneyland Hotel and Resort from April 3rd to 7th, 2023, in conjunction with the Measurement Science Conference 2023, along with a combined technology exhibit floor show.
Sponsored by: Measurement Science Conference (MSC)
Co-sponsored by: National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
Proceedings published by: American Institute of Physics (AIP)
Papers on the following topics are solicited:
- Thermodynamic Thermometry
- Radiation Thermometry
- Temperature Scales
- Platinum Resistance Thermometry
- Base-Metal and Nobel Metal Thermocouples
- W-Re / Refractory Thermocouples
- Temperature Fixed Points
- Humidity and Moisture Metrology
- Medical and Biological Thermometry
- Electronic and Noise Thermometry
- Thermal Imaging (Quantitative)
- Dynamic and Transient Thermometry
- Space and Astrophysics Thermometry
- Harsh Environment Thermometry
- Instrumentation and Data Analysis
- Environmental and Climate Thermometry
- Temperature Control
- Calibration Methods and Uncertainties
- Food Processing Thermometry
- Photonic / Fluorescence Thermometry
- Cryogenic Thermometry
- Semiconductor Process Thermometry
- Herb Dwyer, Herb Dwyer & Assocs./Nanmac, Inc ITS10 Chair
- C. Dawn Cross, NIST/MSC, ITS10 Secretary
- Karen Jackson, MSC Board Chair
- John Bowman, MSC/ITS10 Liaison
- Pam Corey, NIST, IT Coordinator
- Mike Schwartz, MSC Exhibits
- Miguel Cerezo, MSC Treasurer
- Tim Mason, MSC President
- Feb 20, 2023, for submission of a summary abstract of the work (not exceeding 500 words). Authors of abstracts accepted by the Program Committee will be notified promptly and provided with guidelines for the preparation of full papers to be presented during the Symposium. Accepted abstracts will appear in the ITS10 Conference Digest and be published as a NIST Special Publication 2100.
- July 6, 2023, for submission of full papers in the approved format to the AIP Peer X-Press. These papers will receive technical and editorial review prior to final acceptance.
- Dec 1, 2023, for submission of final approved manuscripts to Peer X-Press for publication by the American Institute of Physics in Temperature: Its Measurement and Control in Science and Industry, Vol 9.
NOTES FOR AUTHORS
The AIP will publish the proceedings in both online and print versions. Conference, subscription, and open-source options will be available for authors. The length of contributed papers is limited to six pages. Post-deadline submissions cannot be guaranteed a review or a place in the Symposium program. Authors needing special consideration should contact the Program Chair. Only those papers that are presented during the Symposium will be published in the Proceedings.
Authors agree that paper submission implies willingness to pay the conference registration fee and present the paper at the conference. For a co-authored paper, a minimum of one author must register for the conference and present the paper.
Participants from both domestic and international temperature measurement communities in all sectors of industry and science are invited to The 10th International Temperature Symposium (ITS10). All technical sessions will be held at the Disneyland Resort Hotel in Anaheim, California (USA) and co-located with the 2023 Measurement Science Conference (www.msc-conf.com). Both Oral and Poster Sessions will be organized together with the combined technology exhibition. The Symposium proceedings will be available on line and as soft-bound volumes published by the American Institute of Physics (AIP).